Niftendo Ultd.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Still nameless project

3 posters

Go down

Still nameless project Empty Still nameless project

Post  Striker Mandark Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:09 pm

Well. You've asked for some of my abilities on the Intro. Although my demo isn't still finished(even being on the final steps), I'll show some maps from the project.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Striker Mandark on Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:13 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : turning the "battlestart effect" more visible.)
Striker Mandark
Striker Mandark

Back to top Go down

Still nameless project Empty Re: Still nameless project

Post  CronoStorm Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:23 pm

With the exception of the first screen, your stuff seems to be very cluttered... You use the same object over and over and over again... its too much. The first screen was very good, I did like it, but one thing confused me - why do you have paperwork and plants next to a fireplace? Maybe a better question is why do you have fireplaces on tables? Suspect
CronoStorm
CronoStorm

Back to top Go down

Post  RECKENEFIN Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:37 pm

I'm gonna stay out of this one. I know nothing about mapping. Razz
RECKENEFIN
RECKENEFIN
Admin

https://niftendo-ultd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Striker Mandark Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:37 pm

CronoStorm wrote:With the exception of the first screen, your stuff seems to be very cluttered... You use the same object over and over and over again... its too much. The first screen was very good, I did like it, but one thing confused me - why do you have paperwork and plants next to a fireplace? Maybe a better question is why do you have fireplaces on tables? Suspect

Sorry, I should have put at least one tile of distance between the wall and that stone table. And... That rooms were the first ones in sequence, and just in the final areas(that capsules just appear after you have been teleported from a crystal). There are better ones ahead, like a section made with plants, a cave and a "floating garden-like" level.(respectively, sectors 6, 7 and 8. But these you'll see only in the DEMO. Wink ). By the way, I've already fixed that error with design.
Striker Mandark
Striker Mandark

Back to top Go down

Post  CronoStorm Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:33 am

Are you still here? scratch
CronoStorm
CronoStorm

Back to top Go down

Post  Striker Mandark Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:55 am

Yeah, I am still here. By the way... In this month I've redone one more part of World 1 in my game. Smile
Striker Mandark
Striker Mandark

Back to top Go down

Post  CronoStorm Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:10 am

Pics? If we're gonna be working on the maps, I want as much as I can get to measure your skill.
CronoStorm
CronoStorm

Back to top Go down

Post  Striker Mandark Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:44 pm

Just see the last photo to see what I was saying on the other topic!
Striker Mandark
Striker Mandark

Back to top Go down

Post  CronoStorm Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:24 am

I see the last photo... and it just looks like a regular pic. You see anything abnormal, Recks?
CronoStorm
CronoStorm

Back to top Go down

Post  Striker Mandark Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:06 pm

CronoStorm wrote:I see the last photo... and it just looks like a regular pic. You see anything abnormal, Recks?

I've used an image over the scenery. A Battle Start image. Did you notice? That images used for starting a battle are great to use as an ambience. And are used in the same way on RPG Maker XP.
Striker Mandark
Striker Mandark

Back to top Go down

Post  CronoStorm Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:57 pm

Striker Mandark wrote:
CronoStorm wrote:I see the last photo... and it just looks like a regular pic. You see anything abnormal, Recks?

I've used an image over the scenery. A Battle Start image. Did you notice? That images used for starting a battle are great to use as an ambience. And are used in the same way on RPG Maker XP.

I don't see that at all!
CronoStorm
CronoStorm

Back to top Go down

Post  Striker Mandark Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:25 pm

CronoStorm wrote:
Striker Mandark wrote:

I don't see that at all!

I think I've used a very weak opacity level, that's why you aren't seeing that transparent pieces on the scenery.
Striker Mandark
Striker Mandark

Back to top Go down

Post  CronoStorm Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:15 pm

Try again.
CronoStorm
CronoStorm

Back to top Go down

Post  Striker Mandark Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:16 pm

I've changed the image tonality. Can you see the effect now? Pay attention to the carpets, on top of the room. Smile
Striker Mandark
Striker Mandark

Back to top Go down

Post  CronoStorm Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:15 am

Striker Mandark wrote:I've changed the image tonality. Can you see the effect now? Pay attention to the carpets, on top of the room. Smile

Still faint, but if I focus I can see it. It would be impossible for players to notice it, were they not looking for it.

I would also like to point out that the pipes are simply round... cylinders. You would not see a discernible pattern with those. It would be different if they had an opening, but in the end, we don't, so those particular tiles are useless. The rest are very good, though.
CronoStorm
CronoStorm

Back to top Go down

Post  Striker Mandark Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:33 pm

CronoStorm wrote:
Striker Mandark wrote:I've changed the image tonality. Can you see the effect now? Pay attention to the carpets, on top of the room. Smile

Still faint, but if I focus I can see it. It would be impossible for players to notice it, were they not looking for it.

I would also like to point out that the pipes are simply round... cylinders. You would not see a discernible pattern with those. It would be different if they had an opening, but in the end, we don't, so those particular tiles are useless. The rest are very good, though.

I see... Well... That "shattered glass" effect was made with a simple purpose. That scene was being viewed by a crystal. So, that effect could at least suggest its origins. No wonder the effect is weak. The most important part in that case is the scene.
Striker Mandark
Striker Mandark

Back to top Go down

Post  CronoStorm Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:48 pm

Look, if you can make it work, more power to you. Personally, I don't think it will.
CronoStorm
CronoStorm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum