Still nameless project

Go down

Still nameless project

Post  Striker Mandark on Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:09 pm

Well. You've asked for some of my abilities on the Intro. Although my demo isn't still finished(even being on the final steps), I'll show some maps from the project.

Spoiler:

[Main map(has 9 worlds, based on different games.)]

[Scenes of World 1(Yeah, sounds strange, but these rooms are just illusory. Later on, I'll show how they really are.)]
[Custom menu(Found on Dragon's Den, a Brazilian RPG maker forum.)]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

By wwpl4y3r at 2010-09-10
[If you are seeing something "different" on the image, as a "shattered glass" effect, that's what I've talked about earlier.]


Last edited by Striker Mandark on Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:13 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : turning the "battlestart effect" more visible.)
avatar
Striker Mandark

Posts : 22
Join date : 2010-07-19
Age : 27
Location : Clock Tower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Still nameless project

Post  CronoStorm on Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:23 pm

With the exception of the first screen, your stuff seems to be very cluttered... You use the same object over and over and over again... its too much. The first screen was very good, I did like it, but one thing confused me - why do you have paperwork and plants next to a fireplace? Maybe a better question is why do you have fireplaces on tables? Suspect
avatar
CronoStorm

Posts : 89
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : Green Hill Zone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Still nameless project

Post  RECKENEFIN on Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:37 pm

I'm gonna stay out of this one. I know nothing about mapping. Razz
avatar
RECKENEFIN
Admin

Posts : 53
Join date : 2010-04-21
Location : State of Insanity

View user profile http://niftendo-ultd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Still nameless project

Post  Striker Mandark on Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:37 pm

CronoStorm wrote:With the exception of the first screen, your stuff seems to be very cluttered... You use the same object over and over and over again... its too much. The first screen was very good, I did like it, but one thing confused me - why do you have paperwork and plants next to a fireplace? Maybe a better question is why do you have fireplaces on tables? Suspect

Sorry, I should have put at least one tile of distance between the wall and that stone table. And... That rooms were the first ones in sequence, and just in the final areas(that capsules just appear after you have been teleported from a crystal). There are better ones ahead, like a section made with plants, a cave and a "floating garden-like" level.(respectively, sectors 6, 7 and 8. But these you'll see only in the DEMO. Wink ). By the way, I've already fixed that error with design.
avatar
Striker Mandark

Posts : 22
Join date : 2010-07-19
Age : 27
Location : Clock Tower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Still nameless project

Post  CronoStorm on Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:33 am

Are you still here? scratch
avatar
CronoStorm

Posts : 89
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : Green Hill Zone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Still nameless project

Post  Striker Mandark on Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:55 am

Yeah, I am still here. By the way... In this month I've redone one more part of World 1 in my game. Smile
avatar
Striker Mandark

Posts : 22
Join date : 2010-07-19
Age : 27
Location : Clock Tower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Still nameless project

Post  CronoStorm on Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:10 am

Pics? If we're gonna be working on the maps, I want as much as I can get to measure your skill.
avatar
CronoStorm

Posts : 89
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : Green Hill Zone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Still nameless project

Post  Striker Mandark on Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:44 pm

Just see the last photo to see what I was saying on the other topic!
avatar
Striker Mandark

Posts : 22
Join date : 2010-07-19
Age : 27
Location : Clock Tower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Still nameless project

Post  CronoStorm on Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:24 am

I see the last photo... and it just looks like a regular pic. You see anything abnormal, Recks?
avatar
CronoStorm

Posts : 89
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : Green Hill Zone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Still nameless project

Post  Striker Mandark on Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:06 pm

CronoStorm wrote:I see the last photo... and it just looks like a regular pic. You see anything abnormal, Recks?

I've used an image over the scenery. A Battle Start image. Did you notice? That images used for starting a battle are great to use as an ambience. And are used in the same way on RPG Maker XP.
avatar
Striker Mandark

Posts : 22
Join date : 2010-07-19
Age : 27
Location : Clock Tower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Still nameless project

Post  CronoStorm on Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:57 pm

Striker Mandark wrote:
CronoStorm wrote:I see the last photo... and it just looks like a regular pic. You see anything abnormal, Recks?

I've used an image over the scenery. A Battle Start image. Did you notice? That images used for starting a battle are great to use as an ambience. And are used in the same way on RPG Maker XP.

I don't see that at all!
avatar
CronoStorm

Posts : 89
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : Green Hill Zone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Still nameless project

Post  Striker Mandark on Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:25 pm

CronoStorm wrote:
Striker Mandark wrote:
CronoStorm wrote:I see the last photo... and it just looks like a regular pic. You see anything abnormal, Recks?

I've used an image over the scenery. A Battle Start image. Did you notice? That images used for starting a battle are great to use as an ambience. And are used in the same way on RPG Maker XP.

I don't see that at all!

I think I've used a very weak opacity level, that's why you aren't seeing that transparent pieces on the scenery.
avatar
Striker Mandark

Posts : 22
Join date : 2010-07-19
Age : 27
Location : Clock Tower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Still nameless project

Post  CronoStorm on Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:15 pm

Try again.
avatar
CronoStorm

Posts : 89
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : Green Hill Zone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Still nameless project

Post  Striker Mandark on Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:16 pm

I've changed the image tonality. Can you see the effect now? Pay attention to the carpets, on top of the room. Smile
avatar
Striker Mandark

Posts : 22
Join date : 2010-07-19
Age : 27
Location : Clock Tower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Still nameless project

Post  CronoStorm on Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:15 am

Striker Mandark wrote:I've changed the image tonality. Can you see the effect now? Pay attention to the carpets, on top of the room. Smile

Still faint, but if I focus I can see it. It would be impossible for players to notice it, were they not looking for it.

I would also like to point out that the pipes are simply round... cylinders. You would not see a discernible pattern with those. It would be different if they had an opening, but in the end, we don't, so those particular tiles are useless. The rest are very good, though.
avatar
CronoStorm

Posts : 89
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : Green Hill Zone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Still nameless project

Post  Striker Mandark on Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:33 pm

CronoStorm wrote:
Striker Mandark wrote:I've changed the image tonality. Can you see the effect now? Pay attention to the carpets, on top of the room. Smile

Still faint, but if I focus I can see it. It would be impossible for players to notice it, were they not looking for it.

I would also like to point out that the pipes are simply round... cylinders. You would not see a discernible pattern with those. It would be different if they had an opening, but in the end, we don't, so those particular tiles are useless. The rest are very good, though.

I see... Well... That "shattered glass" effect was made with a simple purpose. That scene was being viewed by a crystal. So, that effect could at least suggest its origins. No wonder the effect is weak. The most important part in that case is the scene.
avatar
Striker Mandark

Posts : 22
Join date : 2010-07-19
Age : 27
Location : Clock Tower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Still nameless project

Post  CronoStorm on Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:48 pm

Look, if you can make it work, more power to you. Personally, I don't think it will.
avatar
CronoStorm

Posts : 89
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : Green Hill Zone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Still nameless project

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum