Niftendo Ultd.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sonic Colors

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sonic Colors Empty Sonic Colors

Post  ZeronFX Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:33 am

What do you all think of this?
Sonic Colors Trailer (Youtube)
Part of me thinks it could be revolutionary, and part of me thinks it's gonna be a huge-hype-huge-let-down that won't amuse me nearly as much as SA2B did.
ZeronFX
ZeronFX

Back to top Go down

Sonic Colors Empty Re: Sonic Colors

Post  RECKENEFIN Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:40 am

Well, here's my view on it. Everyone's big problem with Sonic Unleashed were the Werehog stages. They said if they got rid of those and just did ones like the day stages, the game would be good. This appears to be what that is. However, the Wisp power ups might be a short coming. It almost reminds me of some things from Super Mario Galaxy 2. It looks like it has potential, but if there's one thing people are going to gripe about, it's gonna be that.
RECKENEFIN
RECKENEFIN
Admin

https://niftendo-ultd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CronoStorm Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:09 am

If SA2B really interested you more than Unleashed, I question your fandom.

Being a longtime Sonic junkie, I can tell you that Unleashed was perfectly fine with a straight face. SA2B had more problems than you could shake a toadstool at, and even though the Night levels could have been more fast-paced, I think it was much better. The real, secret solution is to make the daytime stages LONGER.

Sonic Colors... eh, I just don't know. I'll be getting it, of course, but still. I guess we'll just see.

(I wish I could take a picture of my room. It is Sonic the Hedgehog in room form. I even dyed my hair blue lol)
CronoStorm
CronoStorm

Back to top Go down

Post  RECKENEFIN Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:22 am

Yeah, I honestly don't know why people have a problem with the newer games. If I had to pick the weakest game of the series, I'd say Heroes, but that's just me.

I also don't know why people had a problem with Sonic's voice actor. Tails I can understand (especially in Heroes), but Sonic? I just hope the new guy doesn't wreck Sonic's personality and will shut the naysayers up.
RECKENEFIN
RECKENEFIN
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeronFX Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:56 am

Maybe the reason why SA2B amused me the most is because of the Chao system.
That thing was really amazing.
If Sonic Colors or any new Sonic games had a Chao System, I'd be fine.
And I used to be a total Sonic Geek as well, but that was back in the glory days of SA2B, so my love for the series was out when I played Unleashed. Neutral
ZeronFX
ZeronFX

Back to top Go down

Post  insamity Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:38 pm

my view on this is that colors will be just another classic game. in my eyes, sonic adventure (the first) was the most interesting to me. sa2b was amazing, too. i spent hours in my chao garden. i haven't tried secret rings yet, or unleashed, or any wii ones for that matter...=[ yes, i'm poor. unleashed didn't look that good to me anyways? but i heard it was okay. but sonic heroes was kinda stupid. colors looks pretty fun though, kind of an upgrade from sa2b with graphics and stuff, but general gameplay will be the same.
insamity
insamity

Back to top Go down

Post  CronoStorm Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:19 pm

Secret Rings was TERRIBLE! I hated that game. On the other hand, Sonic and the Black Knight was PHENOMENAL.

I retract my earlier statement, though. I think Colors will be an awesome gem. I am a bit disappointed with the voice actor (its Chris from 'Resident Evil 5') but hey, I'm the guy who thinks they should bring Jaleel White back. lol

For those who don't know, Jaleel White is the guy who played Erkel in the American 90's T.V. sitcom, 'Family Matters'. He did the voice of Sonic the Hedgehog in the American cartoon of the same name, and did the voice for Sonic, Manic, and Sonia in Sonic 'Underground'.
CronoStorm
CronoStorm

Back to top Go down

Post  insamity Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:34 pm

did jaleel white really do sonic on the tv show? *does wikipedia search* OMG!!!
haha that's hilarious. i just had an image in my mind of sonic wearing overalls with tapered galsses xD.
insamity
insamity

Back to top Go down

Post  RECKENEFIN Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:01 pm

I remember that show. Good times. Good times.

As far as the new guy goes, I have my doubts based off his more well-known characters. He might better fit Shadow, or even Knuckles. This video (assuming it's using voice clips from the new actors) gives me a little hope though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vd1ykEUeak&feature=youtube_gdata
RECKENEFIN
RECKENEFIN
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeronFX Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:54 pm

Sonic's voice was garbage. Seriously, that was a disgrace.
Tails' on the other hand might work.
ZeronFX
ZeronFX

Back to top Go down

Post  RECKENEFIN Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:01 pm

Well out of all of his other clips, that's the closest to Sonic I've heard, so maybe he could pull it off if he was actually acting for Sonic and not just a fan dub.

Tails is almost spot on in comparison to the actual Unleashed voice.

Idk. I'm just glad they didn't switch Eggman's actor too.

EDIT: And that's when I heard the Alton Hotel clips. *shudder* I hope that was just a fluke, like most amusement ride voice overs.
RECKENEFIN
RECKENEFIN
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CronoStorm Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:50 am

Apparently there was a big blowout between SEGA and this guy, so he quit doing the voice of Sonic. Thus, we have the new guy.
CronoStorm
CronoStorm

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. M Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:55 pm

Hero11: I honestly hope this will not be a big waste of money and time as with Sonic and the Black Knight. That game was WAY to short. And Sonic Unleashed, well lets just say that game will never stand up to Sonic and the secret Rings as far as difficulty goes. I wish the best for Sonic Colors. I would have to say Sonic Riders: Zero G was the best Sonic Game I've Ever Played.
My biggest hope is that there will be more Crush 40 Music.
Mr. M
Mr. M

Back to top Go down

Post  CronoStorm Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:30 am

Mr. M wrote:Hero11: I honestly hope this will not be a big waste of money and time as with Sonic and the Black Knight. That game was WAY to short. And Sonic Unleashed, well lets just say that game will never stand up to Sonic and the secret Rings as far as difficulty goes. I wish the best for Sonic Colors. I would have to say Sonic Riders: Zero G was the best Sonic Game I've Ever Played.

There are so many things wrong with your post. First of all, never, EVER knock Sonic UNLEASHED. It was a FANTASTIC game. Secret Rings, on the other hand, was a game that I personally bought, took out back, and burned. It was the most craptastic thing involving Sonic to ever be invented. Sonic and the Black Knight was a GREAT game, and there was only so much filler they could add.

I can agree that Zero G was stupid fun, but UNLEASHED is by far the best 3D Sonic so far. Please note that I'm not in the business of comparing the incomparable 2D Sonics to the current gen.
CronoStorm
CronoStorm

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. M Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:14 am

CronoStorm wrote:
Mr. M wrote:Hero11: I honestly hope this will not be a big waste of money and time as with Sonic and the Black Knight. That game was WAY to short. And Sonic Unleashed, well lets just say that game will never stand up to Sonic and the secret Rings as far as difficulty goes. I wish the best for Sonic Colors. I would have to say Sonic Riders: Zero G was the best Sonic Game I've Ever Played.

There are so many things wrong with your post. First of all, never, EVER knock Sonic UNLEASHED. It was a FANTASTIC game. Secret Rings, on the other hand, was a game that I personally bought, took out back, and burned. It was the most craptastic thing involving Sonic to ever be invented. Sonic and the Black Knight was a GREAT game, and there was only so much filler they could add.

I can agree that Zero G was stupid fun, but UNLEASHED is by far the best 3D Sonic so far. Please note that I'm not in the business of comparing the incomparable 2D Sonics to the current gen.

hero11: I based what I said about unleashed, black knight, and secret rings based on difficulty level. Black Knight I beat the main story in less than 12 hours. And Unleashed there was a glitch that was easily abuseble, Now if I was to of talked about Content Value, that would be diffrent.

Like a lot of people, I agree that the best part about Unleashed was the Day time Stages.
I just enjoy playing games that I can't beat in less than a day more. Thats all.
Mr. M
Mr. M

Back to top Go down

Post  CronoStorm Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:06 am

Then why bother abusing the glitch? You can hardly use that as a basis. No one is MAKING you use the glitch. It took me many days to FULLY beat Sonic UNLEASHED.

You're telling me you beat the entire game and collected EVERYTHING in less than 12 hours? I think not.
CronoStorm
CronoStorm

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. M Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:37 pm

hero11: Chonostorm, now is that anyway to act? There is no need to get mad over this, heck, you're taking this off-topic. Just relax, and lets put this to a stop before it gets any worse. And sorry about the lecture, I felt it like it was needed.
Mr. M
Mr. M

Back to top Go down

Post  RECKENEFIN Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:14 pm

While I do agree that we've gone a little off-topic, I'd prefer there be no back-seat modding. I'll decide when something has gone too far.

Then again, I totally forgot that the topic was for Sonic Colors. Anyway, let's get back on-topic and play nice. Smile
RECKENEFIN
RECKENEFIN
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CronoStorm Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:15 am

First off, I am a mod. I will decide when I have gone too far, and if I have, I'll apologize and man up.

Secondly, you will not backseat mod me. You have any idea how disrespectful and rude that it? Its almost hurtful.

Third, My name is CRONO. Not Chono, not Chrono, there is no 'h' in there at all. Just lettin' you know.

Finally, there was no anger at all involved with my post. I'm being completely friendly, and I asked you a question, I believe. I may have challenged what you said, but that in no way implies that I was upset or angry at all. To be honest, I could care less, I just felt your argument and ideas needed to be challenged. You may have a right to your opinions and ideas, but around me, you will have a solid base for those opinions and ideas. I do not tolerate unfounded bias. Understood?

Now, with all that out of the way, remember to never, ever lecture me again, please. And an answer to my query would be excellent.
CronoStorm
CronoStorm

Back to top Go down

Post  RECKENEFIN Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:41 am

And with that, get back on topic discussing Sonic Colors. I don't want anymore of this argument in this thread. Go start a new one if you like, but don't do it here.

And Crono, while you may be a mod (and I don't contest that), I still outrank you, and I believe I said get back on-topic, not get the last word.

That said, everyone, get back on topic, or I will be closing my first thread on this forum. No apologies; no agreements; just pretend like none of this ever happened. Thank you, and have a nice day. Smile
RECKENEFIN
RECKENEFIN
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CronoStorm Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:53 am

Sonic Colorz iz like totally sw33t and stuff.
CronoStorm
CronoStorm

Back to top Go down

Post  RECKENEFIN Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:58 am

lol!

But seriously, I think it has some potential. Some of the Whisp powers look a little too much like Mario Galaxy power-ups for my tastes, but may be that'll be a good thing. I guess time will tell.
RECKENEFIN
RECKENEFIN
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. M Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:27 am

hero11: The Coop mode looks promising, along with one player mode, according to the videos I saw.
Mr. M
Mr. M

Back to top Go down

Post  CronoStorm Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:55 am

Mr. M wrote:hero11: The Coop mode looks promising, along with one player mode, according to the videos I saw.
Why do you write 'hero11:' before you type?
CronoStorm
CronoStorm

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. M Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:08 pm

I do that only to tell you if I'm talking, or I'm making Mr. M talk

Mr. M: Well that's a big DUH.

hero11: See, I just showed you an excample. And I did not mean that.

Now, back on topic, I just hope Sonic's new voice actor doesn't ruin him, and I know I'm not the only one hoping that.
Mr. M
Mr. M

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum